1. Be gentle with your hair. Treat it as if it were delicate tissue paper. This will result in far less breakage than if you pull, twist and mess with it. Some of you are going to hate me, but this includes not twirling your hair! I, for one, have a horrible habit of twirling my hair non-stop. I’ve tried to quit. Guess I’ve just got to try harder. Playing with your hair is one of the worst things you can do.. your hair breaks off at an alarming rate when you regularly twirl it.
2. Don’t tease your hair. When you tease your hair, you actually comb against the cuticle, roughing it up which makes the hair appear dull. When the cuticle is sealed and remains flat and straight, it reflects light and appears shinier. In addition to diminished shine, teasing your hair also weakens the strand and makes it extra vulnerable to breakage.
3. When brushing or combing your hair, start from the ends first. This minimizes tangles. Be gentle as you begin brushing and any tangles you do come across will come out much easier. If your hair is wet, be extra gentle since your hair can stretch and break when it’s wet. The best thing to use on wet hair is a wide tooth comb instead of a brush.
4. Use a deep conditioner. This is a hair care essential. For most people with normal to dry hair, we recommend deep conditioning once a week or so. But if you have very dry or color-treated hair, and you’re trying to grow it out, you will probably want to use a deep conditioner every time you wash your hair, or at least every few days.
5. Don’t use heat when styling your hair. Yes, this one may be practically impossible for most of you, but experts agree that heat styling (drying, curling or straightening) causes your hair to be much more dry and brittle. If you absolutely must use heated styling tools, use a high quality heat protectant product before styling.
6. De-Stress! Stress inhibits hair growth, causing it to thin. The hair that does grow is typically delicate and brittle, resulting in easy breakage.
7. Eat healthy. This is probably one of the most important things you can do. Good nutrition is the foundation for growing healthy hair. Protein, essential fatty acids (like omega 3) and other nutrients will help tremendously in giving you strong, healthy, shiny hair. Taking a high quality multi-vitamin can really help as well. The stronger and healthier your hair, the more easily and quickly it will grow.
8. Trim your ends regularly. Many people claim that trimming your ends makes your hair grow faster. It doesn’t actually make it grow more quickly because it grows from the root, not the tip. However, regular trims keep the ends even and healthy. When they are irregular, dry and straggly, they break much more easily. Keeping them nicely trimmed will actually help you get the length you want more quickly simply because it will eliminate much of the breakage you would otherwise have. Plus, since growing hair long does take time, your hair will look much better along the way.
There are some situations when a normal eyeliner will just not do. Normal eye liners can smudge or drift south throughout the day, especially when the weather is hot and humid, or when water is involved. It can be quite frustrating as a girl to have to constantly worry about whether or not our eyeliner is smudging or running, and having to constantly touch up our eye makeup. There is a solution to this pesky problem, and it is the simple act of choosing the best waterproof eye liner.
Choosing a waterproof eye liner can be somewhat overwhelming, since there are many different products available out there. The first step in finding one in the sea of products is to figure out what you want from an eye liner. Meaning, do you want an intense lined look, a thin and more natural look, or do you want a playful color?
Once you have decided what exactly you want from your eye liner, then you can start looking through the different brands. There are many great companies which produce the best waterproof eye liners, so it will not be hard to find a quality product. However, you do need to decipher on whether or not you want liquid or pencil liner.
A liquid eye liner is a good choice for any girl who is wanting a more dramatically defined eye. However, when you add into the equation that it is a waterproof eye liner then you will never have to worry about your liner smudging. Not only are waterproof liquid eye liners able to withstand becoming wet, but they have the ability to last all day with the same dramatic look just like when it is first applied.
If you choose to use a pencil waterproof liner, then you are also choosing a great product just like the liquid liner. However, a pencil liner is oftentimes much more easy to apply. Pencil liners are also much easier to remove at the end of the day, which can make washing your face a much easier task.
Whichever type of waterproof eye liner you choose, or brand, you are making a smart choice for your face. you will never have to worry again about your eye liner smudging or straying during the day, and especially not when you are swimming or dealing with humid temperatures.